Monday 14 August 2017

Rimu Architects 2

Our second STEM challenge was a simple one, yet it involved loads of learning muscles. The focus was on Making Links and Reasoning. The challenge was building columns and finding out which shapes were the strongest. Watch the video below to see our architects in action.

STEM Architects 2 from Kieren Moriarty on Vimeo.

Our groups showed good collaboration skills. Here is a great example from Mac, Benji, Amanjot and Jordan S. They continued their collaboration in completing their presentation to a high standard.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of problem solving and creating happening in your stem learning. I might just need to sneak a peek on Thursday to see some of this awesome learning.
    Mrs R

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job for everyone that did it and I like the pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow dylans group was high it was very tall
    I do not recol on doing that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! thats one pretty big tower of books Tristn and dylan good work.
    (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi

    Amazing work guys. It show how much perseverance and creatives that our hub has. I remember that when we did it in my group that the circle was the one that did the least and the square did the most. I think that the STEM is going great for everyone because it is such a fun thing for the class to be doing, and I think that should be encourage at other schools.

    From Jakob

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job tristen and kegan.I could not have made the slideshow without jordan s amanjot and benji.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    Well done, how many books were used I wounder? My group got 25 and Sadie says that we had the most (that's not true) but we did accomplish something. How many books did you get?

    ReplyDelete